Ques.1 How do I get my New Vehicle Registered?
Ans. "Click Here" to know the procedure & documents required for Registration of a New Vehicle.
Ques.2 Where to get the Vehicle Inspection (Passing) and deposit the file in case of Registration of New Vehicle?
The Vehicle Inspection (Passing) is conducted by the Motor Vehicle Inspector (MVI) at the following location & timings:- 
SDM (South) Office, Sports Complex, Sector 42, Chandigarh 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM (Monday to Friday)

For the convenience of residents of Chandigarh, the city has been divided into 3 Sub-Divisions for the file submission for Registration of New Vehicles. The locations for file submission based on the address of the applicant & the timings are as follows:- 
Sectors: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 22, 23, 24, 25
Villages/Colonies: Dhanas, Khuda Lahora, Khuda Alisher, Kaimbawala, Kumahar Colony
R&LA Office, Near Municipal Corporation, Sector 17, Chandigarh 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
(Monday to Friday)
Sectors: 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 55, 56, 61
Villages/ Colonies: Burail, Nizampur, Kajheri, Attawa, Dadumajra, Shahpur, Butrela, Badheri, Palsora, Maloya
SDM (South) Office, Sports Complex, Sector 42, Chandigarh
Sectors: 7, 18, 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 47, 48
Villages/ Colonies: Indl. Area Ph-I, Indl. Area Ph-2, Kishangarh, Mauli Jagran, Manimajra, Karsan, Hallomajra, Behlana, Jahumru, Air Field, Col No. 4, Raipur Khurd, Daria, Bhagwanpur, Faidan, Makhan Majra, Railway Colony, Indira Colony, Raipur Kalan & Modern Complex Manimajra
SDM (East) Office, CTU Complex Building, Industrial Area, Phase-I, Chandigarh
Ques.3 How to get the vehicle registered after the expiry of a Temporary Number?
Ans. If the vehicle is not registered within one month then an Undertaking is required in this regard, and if the delay is for three month or more, then a NCRB/MOB Report is required from the Police Station, Sector 17, Chandigarh.
Ques.4 Is it necessary that the registered owner has to be available at the time of every transaction of vehicle?
Ans. Yes, the applicant has to personally come for depositing the file in the office.
Ques.5 If the applicant is not able to come personally, is there any provision that another person can deposit the file/ documents in the office?
Ans. Yes, if the applicant cannot come personally, then he/she has to give an Authority Letter to another person with their signatures, who can then deposite the file/ documents in the office.
Ques.6 Can I keep only the photocopies of registration certificates in the vehicle?
Ans. You should keep original registration certificate in your vehicle and keep the photocopies at your home. You can be prosecuted for not having original documents with you in the vehicle
Ques.7 From whom should I get the Insurance Policy?
Ans. You can get the Insurance Policy from any authorized agent of Insurance of your choice who can provide you service at the time of risk and can help you in the process of claim formalities.
Ques.8 Is it possible to transfer the vehicle along with Hypothecation Termination?
Ans. No.
Ques.9 What to do if vehicle is to be sold/ transferred to another State?
Ans. The seller has to get an NOC of the vehicle from U.T., Chandigarh for the other State.
Ques.10 Can the transaction of the Registration Certificates be locked in the Computer system, in case of Vehicle theft?
Ans. Yes, in case of Vehicle theft, the owner/applicant can request to lock the Registration record in thecomputer system so that no one can transfer the ownership of that vehicle.
Ques.11 What to do if you don’t have any address proof of U.T., Chandigarh?
Ans. An address proof of U.T., Chanidgarh is mandatory to get a vehicle registered at the R&LA, U.T., Chandigarh.
Ques.12 What to do if you don’t have any Date of Birth proof ?
Ans. If the applicant does not have a Date of Birth proofor in case of illiterate person, then a Certificate of age confirmation is required from Medical Officerof any government hospital/ dispensary.