KNOW ABOUT CITIZEN CHARTER OF RLA
Citizen's Charter of RLA
The Registering & Licensing Authority, U.T., Chandigarh deals with issuance of Driving Licenses and Registration of Motor Vehicles and is one of the largest revenue earning Departments of Chandigarh Administration. The Department is pleasedto present the CITIZEN’s CHARTER to the general public with an objective of bringing in transparency, efficiency, and quality services in a time bound manner.
This CITIZEN’s CHARTER deals with the following two major services –
- Issue of Driving Licenses.
- Issue of Registration Certificates (Registration of Motor Vehicle).
The details of the services provided at the Registering & Licensing Authority, U.T., Chandigarh alongwith the locations and timings are available Here
FACILITATION OF APPLICANTS :
For the convenience of the general public the following facilities are provided by the Registering & Licensing Authority:
- Detailed step by step procedure starting from the purchase of fileupto the delivery of DLs/RCs, new and updated files/forms as per the latest Motor Vehicle Acts and Rules, checklists of forms/documents required at the time of submission of file/requisite forms for different services of DLs/ RCs, general instructions regarding location and timings, fees structure/ taxes and mode of payment for the different services for DLs/RCs are now available on the official website of Transport Department, Chandigarh Administration as well as in the new files available at R&LA.
- The department has set up an Inquiry & Reception counter at the R&LA office to facilitate the general public and for an queries pertaining to the various services provided at R&LA.
- The R&LA has also displayed all the information pertaining to the required documents on the Notice Boards outside the office premises.
The CITIZEN’s CHARTER is an ever evolving process. It will be revised periodically on the basis of the experience gained, feedback and suggestions received from the citizens. To begin with the CHARTER is introduced in Registering & Licensing Office, Sector-17 and its other two branches at SDM (East) and SDM (South) of Chandigarh. The Department assures the best services of the standards prescribed and commitments made in the CHARTER.
Any complaint/grievance can be made to the Registering & Licensing Authority, Sector-17, (Near Municipal Corporation Building), Chandigarh or can be submitted online at the link available Here